Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Florida, we’ve got you covered
We’re here for you and your family covered through all stages of life. Learn about Medicaid (FL HealthNet) and Long-Term Care plans offered through UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Florida.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
It’s your health, it’s your choice.
All Floridians deserve affordable health care, including you. We offer many plans to help Floridians get healthy – and stay healthy. Our plans cover children, pregnant women, adults and people with disabilities.
Choose a plan that gives you more. UnitedHealthcare has a large provider network in Florida. That gives you more options to choose the right doctors and specialists for you and your family. We also offer more benefits and extras, which can make a real difference in your life.
See why Floridians choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, we’ll help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network providers
- No-cost virtual visits
- Prescription drugs
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Florida is partnering with Unite Us to connect our members to vital community services. Things like food, clothing and financial support. Learn more about Unite Us.
Get vaccinated. Find Florida COVID-19 vaccine sites near you.
Questions, we’re here to help.
Are you interested in sharing your opinions about the care you received or the services you need from Managed Medical Assistance Plan (MMA)? Our 2023 MMA Consumer Advisory Committee may be for you. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, please send an email to MMACAC@uhc.com. Spanish and Haitian-Creole translators will be available during committee meetings.
Members can earn $20 for joining this 1-hour call about UnitedHealthcare’s Medicaid product.
No-cost Florida health plans
Florida Medicaid Plans:
- Pregnant women
- People with disabilities
Florida Long Term Care Plan:
- No cost
- Age 65 and over and eligible for Medicaid
- Age 18 and over and eligible for Medicaid due to a disability
Medicaid: More for You in 2023
Our Florida Medicaid (Managed Medical Assistance (MMA)) plan offers a range of benefits. It’s for children, families, pregnant women and adults who meet income requirements. We also offer support to adults with special health care needs.
As a UnitedHealthcare Medicaid member, you’ll get all covered services, plus many extras, all at no cost.
- Unlimited doctor visits
- Vision and hearing coverage
- No-cost virtual visits
- Behavioral, physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Prescription drug coverage
Medicaid Long-Term Care in 2023
When you choose UnitedHealthcare Health and Home Connection as your Long-Term Care plan, you’ll get full Medicaid benefits. Plus, you’ll also get the extra help you need to live independently in your own home for as long as possible.
- Personal care to help you bathe and dress
- Incontinent supplies not covered by Medicare
- Home modifications to help with mobility and safety
- Meal preparation or delivery
- Help with housekeeping
- Caregiver support
- And more
This plan is available in the following counties:
Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Citrus, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Manatee, Marion, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Polk, Putnam, St. Johns, Sumter, Suwannee, Union, and Volusia.
It’s not always easy to visit a doctor in person. Virtual visits (or telehealth) lets you talk to a doctor 24/7 using your computer, tablet or smartphone. Telehealth is a good option to treat common conditions that have standard treatments. Here are some examples:
- Cold, flu, and fever
- Cough, aches, and sore throat
- Allergies, skin rash, and irritation
- Urinary tract/bladder infection
- Ear infections
- Sinus infections
- And more
Call 1-888-716-8787 for more information.
Our Florida Medicaid plan provides unlimited round trips to and from health care locations. That includes rides to:
- Doctor or therapy visits
- Health departments
- Vision clinics
- Urgent care centers
A healthier life is in your future
Keeping a healthy weight. Stopping unhealthy habits. Doing what’s needed to keep you and your family healthy. It all may seem impossible at times. But we have programs that can help. Our UnitedHealthcare Healthy Behaviors program gives you access to a personal health coach and resources to help with things like:
- Losing weight
- Quitting smoking
- Substance abuse
- Pregnancy and newborn care (UnitedHealthcare Healthy First Steps®)
Our health coaches work with you and your doctor(s) to help you set goals and track progress. You’ll also have the chance to get rewards when you reach certain milestones.
Learn more about the programs available to you as our member.
Your mental health is Important to us
Millions of people in the U.S. are affected by mental health issues each year. If you struggle with stress, anxiety, depression or other issues, help is at hand. As a UnitedHealthcare member, you have access to the Sanvello app at no cost through your health plan.
The Sanvello app gives you access to:
- Daily mood tracking Answer simple questions each day to capture your current mood, find patterns and review your progress.
- Coping tools Reach for just the right tool to relax, be in the moment or manage stressful situations, like taking a test or morning dread.
- Guided journeys Designed by experts for a range of needs, journeys use clinical solutions to help you feel more in control and build long-term life skills.
- Personalized progress Through weekly check-ins, Sanvello creates a roadmap for improvement. Track where you are, set goals and make strides week by week.
- Community support Connect with a large community of people and share advice, stories and insights — anytime, anywhere.
Learn more about the Sanvello App.
Learn about plan types
Florida Medicaid (FL HealthNet) is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Florida if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.
- To join UnitedHealthcare, call toll-free 1-877-711-3662, TTY/TDD 1-866-467-4970 to speak to a Medicaid Choice Counselor. You can also enroll online at flmedicaidmanagedcare.com.
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan is available in the following counties: Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Citrus, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Flagler, Gilchrist, Hamilton, Hardee, Hernando, Highlands, Hillsborough, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Manatee, Marion, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Nassau, Polk, Putnam, St. Johns, Sumter, Suwannee, Union, and Volusia.
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Florida is a Managed Care Plan with a Florida Medicaid contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the Managed Care Plan. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or co-payments/coinsurance may change. UnitedHealthcare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in health programs and activities.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.