Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Information about your Medicaid coverage
Make sure you do not miss information about your Medicaid coverage. Update your address by going online at kancare.ks.govand using the new Chatbot KIERA, by clicking the red speech bubble in the bottom left corner, or you can call us at 1-877-542-9238.
Kansas, we’ve got you covered.
At UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, we help people live healthier lives.
KanCare is the program through which the State of Kansas administers Medicaid. UnitedHealthcare Community Plan is one of three managed care organizations (MCOs) that coordinate care for KanCare members.
To apply for Kansas Medicaid/KanCare:
- Online at the KanCare website: applyforkancare.ks.gov
- Call the Clearinghouse at 1-800-792-4884
This is when you can select UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. If you have questions on how to choose an MCO or change to UnitedHealthcare, call the Managed Care Enrollment Center at 1-866-305-5147
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan is the top-rated Medicaid Health Plan in Kansas, with a rating of 4 out of 5 in NCQA’s Medicaid Health Plan Ratings 2022. The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of KS has also achieved NCQA’s Long-Term Services and Supports Distinction.
Important Information About Your KanCare Medicaid Coverage and Other Announcements
- To find out which MCO you have, when is your open enrollment period, or to change your MCO, call the KanCare Enrollment Center at 1-866-305-5147.
- During the federal COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE), KanCare recipients have stayed enrolled in the program. If your contact information has changed, please update it by calling UniteHealthcare Member Services at 1-877-542-9238. This may help you keep your KanCare coverage after the end of the COVID-19 PHE. You can also now update your address via Chatbot at the Kancare website: www.kancare.ks.gov
It’s your health. It’s your choice.
Everyone deserves affordable health care, including you.
People with disabilities, pregnant women, and children who qualify for Medicaid should check out UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
We have the Medicaid benefits and extras that can make a real difference in your life. All at no cost to you.
- Find a doctor you trust in our network.
- Unlimited doctor visits for your family.
- Vision coverage.
- Transportation to and from doctor appointments.
- 24/7 NurseLine to answer your health questions.
Sometimes, you might need a little extra help. Get extras not covered by Medicaid.
- Earn rewards for keeping you and your baby healthy.
- Earn reward cards for getting preventative services.
- Extra rides to get you where you need to go.
- Members age 18 and older can get help with GED, coding or English as a second language classes.
We also offer resources to help you make the most of your plan, including:
- Member advocates
- Social Services support
- Health education tools
- Care Management
Visit Kancare dot ks dot gov for more information.
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit UHCCommunityPlan dot com forward slash Kansas.
Below are quick links to member materials, such as handbooks, value added materials and how to contact us.
Handbook - English | Handbook - Español
LTC Supplement - English | LTC Supplement - Español
Value Added Benefits
We offer additional benefits to help you live a healthier life, such as expanded dental benefits for adults, extra transportation, get $50 towards a healthy activity at many local YMCA, Boys & Girls Club, Parks & Rec and more. View a full list of added benefits.
How to Contact Us
- Member Services, call toll-free 1-877-542-9238 (TTY 711), Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm, local time
- Health questions? Call our 24/7 Nurseline at: 1-855-575-0136
- Log into our member portal and chat with us!
Benefits and Features
Member advisory meetings
We want to hear from you!
Please join our Member Advisory Board. Contact member Services at 1-877-360-3240.
Q1: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023
Q2: Wednesday, May 31st, 2023
Q3: Wednesday, August 30th, 2023
Q4: Wednesday, November 29th, 2023
Wellness activities for all
Free activities. Get $50 towards a membership.
Up to 12 rides to the grocery store, food pantry, WIC, prenatal classes, local community activities, and more. 12 additional rides for support group meetings.
Call member services for assistance: 1-877-542-9238 or ModivCare at 1-877-796-5847
Gas Reimbursement. Did you know that in some situations, you can get gas reimbursement for your non-emergency medical transportation? Click here to get the forms you need:
Behavioral health is as important as physical health. That's why we have coverage for both.
Required care is 100% covered with no copay. This includes:
- Behavioral therapy.
- Substance abuse treatment.
- Peer Coaching program.
Medical questions and situations sometimes happen at inconvenient times. When you have questions about your health, you can call a nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 1-855-575-0136.
Our nurses will:
- Listen to symptoms.
- Help with self-care.
- Advise you about getting care at a doctor visit or an urgent care center.
- Help you know when to go to the emergency room.
HealthTalk Member Newsletter
Be smoke-free. We can help.
As soon as you quit, your body begins to repair the damage caused by smoking.
Trying to stop smoking is hard. But all the benefits of quitting are worth it. Did you know that 20 minutes after you quit, your heart rate drops to a normal level? And 12-24 hours after quitting, the carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal. We support our members who are trying to quit.
- Visit your doctor to get advice and medicines that can help you quit. We can help you schedule an appointment.
- Medicines come in different forms like patches, gum, lozenges and pills. Most of these are covered by your benefits. We can also help you understand your other benefits too.
- Reach out to the KanQuit smoking line at 1-800-784-8669 for support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about plan types
Medicaid is a federal-state program that provides health and long-term care services to people with low-incomes. KanCare is the program through which the State of Kansas administers Medicaid. If you do not currently have coverage for KanCare, you can apply online. To apply for medical coverage, you must complete and submit an application.
Dual Special Needs (D-SNP)
Dual special needs plans (also called "dual" plans) are for people who get both Medicaid and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You'll keep all your Medicaid benefits too.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.